Embrace a “Growth Mindset”; Ensure High Levels of Learning for All; Provide High Quality Instruction; Expect Regular Staff Learning & Collaboration
Note: Realizing our vision is a work in progress. We are constantly working toward implementation of what you see below.
Clover Ridge Elementary and Timber Ridge will embrace a “Growth Mindset” [Dweck, C., 2006] while preparing students for the future. With a focus on wellness and stewardship we will ensure that every member of the learning community feels as though they belong and are respected. We will do this by inspiring a love of learning with compassion and committing to community inclusion.
Our vision is comprised of two big ideas:
- We will provide high quality instruction to ensure high levels of learning for all students.
- We will operate as a team.
Provide high quality instruction to ensure high levels of learning for all students.
The Ridges K-8 recognizes the power of the team to make a difference in student learning and growth. We will implement engaging, intentional, meaningful, and consistent standards-based instruction that will:
- Embrace multi-age and subject integration
- Cultivate critical thinkers
- Be developed from a “data, reflection, research” loop process
- Utilize a K-8 scope and sequence
- Communicate explicit objectives
- Celebrate all forms of success and acknowledge an inclusive and diverse educational environment
- Integrate a myriad of ways to show growth and success
- Use meaningful technology to enhance student learning
- Use a signature project culminating student learning at the 4th, 6th, and 8th grades
- Demonstrate an individualized approach to each whole student
Instruction may also:
- Use an integrated, thematic, or project based approach
- Constructed by incorporating student interest and input
- Incorporate real world learning, service learning, and/or experiential learning
We will operate as a team.
The Clover Ridge staff (Administrative, Certified, and Classified) will operate as a team. Our team will be based on:
- Healthy conflict
- Collaboration- Shared leadership and control
- Information based accountability
Our actions will demonstrate transparency. Team members will share an understanding of the relevancy of each member and the contributions they make to the organization. We will continue to develop this as we move into our larger school at Meadow Ridge and welcome 3rd grade to our school.